Sunday, August 7, 2016

How Can I Love You More?

I've given you everything I have to offer
My personality; my adoration; my honesty
You've promised me your nineties
In return for my unwavering commitment
We all have ghosts in the emotional machine
But the point of coupling is in a "couple".
I've left my dark in the distant abyss
Shown you my flaws and my shortcomings
In my own search for your eternal companionship.
The hardest part of discovering a dream
Is the devastation left in its chaotic chasm.
I'm not a base societal machination
Taught how to push the buttons for success
I am a defunct automaton of avarice
Who found in you a land where I could revive
Loving without shame and remorse
A festive pinnacle of individuality unchained.
Turn away from the norms of 'civility'
And join me in the path least traveled -
Love me without regard or regret.
I will hand you a butterfly from within
A sentient sunbeam of my intentions.
I can't love you any more than I do in action
So please do whatever it takes to meet me at the end.







No comments:

Post a Comment