Saturday, December 6, 2014

Time Past

     It occured to me today how wonderful and how perspective driven time truly is.  the effect of mood on time has been discussed so many times and ways throughout the centuries. Days pass, one into the other, at such a smooth pace that I barely even notice the movement of the calander until a holiday or momentous occasion arises to break up the ebb and flow.

     It would seem that when the mind is in a good place mentally, time seems to fly by! I was watching ESPN Today (because, College Football Championships!) and I saw that women's college basketball was in swing. It floored me for a moment because it seems like the Championship game for Basketball was just yesterday! Six months flying by; with so many great moments but not that feeling of time passing - just moving from one great moment to another and living in each and every one of them. Even my first five weeks of school comes to a close this coming Tuesday! There is a certain life comfort in being content.

     The movement of months is such a far cry from the horrible days of the past. There was a time when six months felt like an eternity - I couldn't even REMEMBER that far because so much happened at every turn. When your every day is an emotional ride peppered with constant stress and the ever present fear of misery, every day is a long, winding road to passing out and hoping not to have to do it all again the next day. Choas plays with an emotional mind; and I am so happy to no longer be in that place of disease. It took a long time; but waiting paid off with the (beginnings of) the life I always knew I was capable of - with the right support system. My dollface rules all!

No comments:

Post a Comment