Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Fire of Failure

Anger, the jagged pulse of a harried society. Love may not always beget live, happiness is not always infectious, but anger is the one emotion that can be absorbed and passed universally. What is the harrowing allure of this toxic tempest that leads so many into its shrouded embrace? With a civilization driven by anxiety, fear and stress; is it any wonder that the one emotion we can all relate to equally is the red rage? I don't want to come off as a utopian hippie, but I do wish quite often that fury could be reserved for events of immense insult or danger. A flare up occurs so quickly and frequently that any small (perceived) insult can lead to an all out assault.
      I grow tired of getting upset/ angry/ unhappy. A continual stream of darkness sours my soul and bores my mind. Suspicion and mistrust leave me in a similar malaise.yet feeling externally optimistic feels so fake, and leaves others feeling manipulated or in doubt of my sincerity. Joy can feel so many ways - happiness, love, appreciation, desire. Anger falls under many names, but it always feels the same - a sense of insult in combination with a sense of attack. The level varies, but it is The same old song. Why would I feed a monster that offers me such discomfort?
     Yet, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment