Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Self is Sacrificing

I'm losing my hair in the sink;
I have lost my friends to honesty;
I have lost my will to carry on
A time or two in this epic,
But somehow, no matter the loss
I have always been able to
Find myself beneath the rubble.
I have taken things for granted;
I have realized others good deeds
In a future moment of reflection;
I have been caught looking
Behind when fortune lie in my future,
Yet I have never lost the feeling
Of absolute blessing and euphoria
That came with your unveiling.
I've yearned a million beginnings;
I've recycled a plethora of deaths;
I have listed beyond compare,
And still, I could never want
Anything with you here to provide.
Your gifts exceed my scope of sense
And satiate my soulful sanctity of solace.
I move slowly in comparison to memory;
I hurt more then my body once allowed;
I have left my innocence in my wake,
However, I now glow with the 
Wisdom that comes in time
And smile with the warmth
That comes from truly being loved.








No comments:

Post a Comment