Friday, February 12, 2016

Because You're Beautiful?

Loving you, is easy because....
No, loving you is not easy. 
Easy lets you rest on you laurels;
Allows you the gentle comfort
Of a given, absolute truth.
Loving you is difficult
Because of the time
I put on for our dates 
And all the moments 
I neglect a juicy burger
For a grilled chicken 
(with cheese!).
Loving you can be taxing
When the time comes 
To clean the house or 
Cook when I only wish
To release my eyes from
Their Herculean burden.
Loving you is taking
Time away from the game
To arrange a "date day"
Throughout the City park
(game alerts allowed).
Loving you is effort because
It is in all these ways
That love can gain its
Deepest (basic) meaning:
You are worth all the effort it takes
To please you and offer you the knowledge
That I will always be ready to come through for you
No matter how hard times erode, I will find it from within
To stand up
Take your hand
Look you in the eye
As I assist your rise to your feet
Smiling to say, "Look at all the fun!
Come play with me and do it once more!"
Loving you is what makes me.
Take my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment