Saturday, February 27, 2016

Staining the Page (The Dye Seeps Through)

Fantastic feasts are fabricated for consumption
Buildings created for their final destruction
Societies built and burned on failed construction
And breath given to Man's march toward Hell's auction

So I'm going to die at some point.
Which can only cause me to say,
"So what if I do?"
My hours here will be sufficient
To complete the process
Of my existence.
A life lived in taking appointments
In the mind's and hearts of others.

To you my darling wife, I swear to always be
In another realm, but focused toward you truly
To forever have your glowing heart near to me
A giant, glowing totem of our love story.

I will remain in your company at all times
Under a different capacity than we met.
When you feel the quiet wind caressing your face,
It is my kisses coating your face in glee;
The morning mist massaging your skin at sunrise,
Are my hands stroking you gently into the day.
When you notice a whisper from the shadows,
Hear me calling to you in unbridled devotion;
When you close your eyes for an evening's rest,
I will climb into your dreams and spend the night with you.
Unexplained warm spells will replace hugs of affection,
Deja Vu will remind of spontaneous forays,
And I will bestow the happiness of having loved.







No comments:

Post a Comment