Monday, February 15, 2016

What About Ninjas?

      The concept of a "spirit animal" is an old one that humans have used to symbolize personality traits and ideals held dear. The Native Americans used this practice a great deal, even incorporating the animal into their tribal names. Bears, Tigers and the like make for awesome visuals, but can everyone identify with those levels of brute force? What spirit animal reflects a person.... Which trait can be called out best? Which animal tells your story?

      As much as I would like a Goliath of a beast to be my calling card, I find upon reflection the truth for me would be considerably less awe inspiring. The turtle tells my story - a slower animal with a wealth of protection to aid it in disputes with its enemies. A rhinoceros would work here too, but it's not a vulnerable animal for my personal journey. Sure, I am big, defensive but also a juggernaut at times, but I find my general demeanor in the turtle: just moving along trying to get to my next event. No real hostility (unless provoked), just making my way through life with armor at the ready. 

      I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment