Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Where Am I?



      It all boils back to one simple truth: What are you priorities? When you are staring up to the stars and imagining your life, where does that dream begin? To make a simple question complex; what are your priorities? So many things that we are taught to are priorities: family, money, fame, relationships. In truth, these may not be something that truly moves you; it's merely something we are taught. Money is not a priority to me. That said, it does provide a better life form my priority. Family in the universal sense is not a priority to me. My friends and my choices in life have given me those who I would deem "family" due to shared experiences over those who shared a relation to me before I was fully formed. I couldn't care less about my fame: universally or locally.  My priority is the relationships I form in my time on this Earth. Does that make me better than anyone else? No. When people query, "If money isn't a priority, how are you going to have all the nice shiny things in life?" I won't... Because that's not my focus. Money is a means to an end, and in the end is only there for me. As long as I can survive, my life with others, and our shared experiences, drive me to thrive.
     I won't die very well known, or with the biggest bank account, but I will die with the deepest heart and best stories. I'm okay with that vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment