Sunday, May 1, 2016

Ignorance Costs Us All

Standing at the moral precipice
Looking out over a smoldering cauldron
In the distance, the winds of disappointment 
Collide with the futures long abandoned.
Reason rests quietly upon my brow
As its perverted cousin peaks out.
A million ounces of worry above me,
I seek the wisdom of a hummingbird
To inform my steps going forward
And to recognize the landscape
That spreads out to the southwest.
Remembrance of events not far past
Tint inner turmoil and cloud vision.
Eyes descend into increments of darkness
Equatable intake of air recognized
I move into my soul's darkest recesses
To determine my uneasy disappointment.
Underlying cause eventually uncovered,
I fall back in the respect of what I thought was
Very clearly exists only in my mind's eye.
The journey has not ended is disgrace,
Only taken detour for safer travels
Alongside one willing to chase a fantasy
At the potential cost of a lifelong friend.
How much of this I can endure
Is not for me to say, as the future holds truth.
In this moment, I am supporting my friend
While questioning their actions (and loyalty).

No comments:

Post a Comment