Monday, June 3, 2013

Zombies, Mushrooms and Other Flesh Destroying Symbols Of My Love....

     I'm eating mushrooms.
     I repeat....
     I AM EATING MUSHROOMS.
     I'm not enjoying it physically..... it's more of a non factor currently. My brain and heart; however; are in full Phoenix mode. I have previously mentioned the "foodie revolution" I have been under since I met my love..... and more recently, our new lifestyle of eating more appropriate meals to achieve and maintain a healthy feeling to our long term goals at one another's side. I have eaten many things in the past year that NEVER past my lips before - but mushrooms were the line. I don't do FUNGUS. Yet, here I sit at  Chinese Restaurant, having just ordered my carb-less meal; when my hot and sour soup arrives. As I inspect my soup - dark broth? Check. Onion? Okay.Tofu? New, but I'm okay. What are these black things..... could it be? Yes - The SHROOMS! In the past; I would kindly push my bowl aside and try to forget what was before me. FAR from my meal so no "floating fungus" might attack. Today.....
     I've made it rather clear in this blog that I want to make HER happy. Out of my overwhelming sense of love; I decide that - even without her presence - I will do what she would ask.
     So I tried a SLURP!
     Warm. Spicy. Nothing too weird. So I tried another.... okay, okay dear - I liked my soup despite its ingredients. I'll never toss them in my salad.... but I'm lessening my intense aversion. Love allows us to grow in MANY unexpected ways....
     On Zombies, the girlfriend and I have had a running joke about a song called "Zombie Love Song" by Your Favorite Martian. Great tune worth checking out.  As I have flown home each week, Virgin Air kept advertising a movie called "Warm Bodies". A Zombie love Story. So this weekend I rented it for her and I to watch at home. It was a great movie.... also worth checking out. It's no "Citizen Kane" ("RoseBRAINNNNNNNNNSSSSS........), but it was an enjoyable 90 minutes with JOHN MALKOVICH. Need I say more? 
     I came; I saw; I ate mushrooms. The number of accolades I can lay at this woman's feet may well become infinite...... and isn't that the person worth falling in love with for a lifetime?

"So HERE I AMMMMMMM
With OPEN ARMMMMMMMS!"

     Darn Chinese Restaurant music! Does JOURNEY help digestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment