Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Achilles?

     My (former?) best friend recently brought up an interesting question - if I was a super hero and had to pick my Kryptonite, what would it be? Initially, I was going to answer rejection, because I hate the inevitable flake factor many people possess. However, my comfort level with rejection is high, as mostly every important person in my life has life in a matter of time. A season, if you will. No, my weakness is time. Invariably, there seems to be a shelf life on how long people can deal with me. Even then, I never imagined my brother who saved my life and accepted me would turn. In this case, my weakness is 'the times', as the current political climate has become toxic in our disagreement. My best friend and best man is no longer aware enough to recognize his world view is toxic to me and himself. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment