Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Catharsis, Not Upset.

God damnit, all the moments we experienced.
Bucking the system with differences
Solving the worlds issues fairly
Always willing to agree nothing is too far.
Yet, look at you now; advocating for separation
Victimized and unwilling to hear another view
Left wallowing in a martyrdom left long ago.
I don't seek the hero's role in this endeavor
I merely offer another view to consider,
To no avail it appears.
What of those around to see the change
Of course, there are many who have broken you
Turned another individual into just a number
Giving in to a nation of negativity
By suppressing your logical leanings.
Philosophers have often been broken in their time
But there's nothing thoughtful or revolutionary
In the stand of suck you have chosen to inhabit.
This cathartic construct is not made out of hurt
Nor is it painted in the avarice of anger,
You have bought into the rules of the lemmings
And it saddens me to watch your will
Dissolve into a puddle of introspective irony.
I won't ignore the terrors you helped navigate
Nor will I leave your side when you need me

But I will not be cowed as a coward
For principles based on hate.
After a bakers dozen, the problems have all left
And perhaps I am the projection of your disappointment.
I will sacrifice our good times for you peace of mind
But I will never lie to you just to avoid
The subjects that 'civilized' society uses. A bully pulpit may discourage many
But if you had imagined it might work on me
Then you learned nothing of me all this time.
If you want a genuine friend, come find me.
If you want a cause long dead that has become 
A marketing campaign,
Then there are plenty of apologists
Who will choose to feel sorry for themselves
And for you as well.
Roots, indeed.
Americans hating America
Is the new generations 'American Dream'.

No comments:

Post a Comment