Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Consideration, Not Contempt

And what of me, in all of this?
I am far from a perfect being
Broken and horrible inside;
Self-aware enough to know that 
My desires and my mind's eye
Put me at a disadvantage,
Left feeling a belligerent,
But also bruised sense of meaning.
Claiming and denying to my 
Unmitigated averageness -
I am anything but present.
Ascending toward average
From my place in myopia;
Big dreams with no chance of success.
Buddha says that my wanting is 
Sufferings worldly beginnings,
But I will not leave want alone.
A meal, a song, a hug, a text
Can be deemed as a mild success 
Or leave me feeling discomfort
Within, a void and rejection.
People are a season, I've found
But it was never to be me.
So many, so easy to escape
But I thought I was something else.
I must store away my yearnings
And focus on what I have now,
In this pivotal journey home.
In a brief moment of silence
My mind is able to again
Project forward and play pretend,
Leaving me craving and vulgar.

No comments:

Post a Comment