Thursday, January 29, 2015

I'm Getting Better.....

Like a brother.
In some facet it's true
But family was something
I was given by life
And rejected due to 
No affinity or appreciation.
I love you as more
Than a brother;
You are my friend
One who I chose to share 
My time - good and bad.
A choice that I made for
The betterment of my life
Here on Earth.
What of that life?
The life that I so narrowly
Avoided losing to the
Abyss.
The moments I spent
Talking to you
And you spent
Sharing something many people
Don't have; cannot share.
That day, I vowed loyalty 
To you; to our friendship.
Was such a moment of power
For me
Just a passing charity for you?
The fragments of loyalty
Don't seem as cohesive 
For you any longer.
Our friendship appears to be
A holding place for
Just another clown who
Can stop by and give you a laugh.
I have always appreciated
The gift that, by default, 
You were instrumental in
Arriving in the life that
I was able to climb back into.
Just because I'm 
"Good people" in your mind
Doesn't mean that our friendship
Means a damn in your eyes.
A friendship
(In my humble opinion)
Means taking the time
To give an effort.
Some days, we don't feel like
Leaving the house;
Some nights, we would rather
Sit and count our woes;
Sometimes, We have to be honest
With one another and say
We just can't make it;
However, if the possibility exists -
With a true friend, we realize that
There is something bigger
Waiting for us on
The opposing side of
Sanctuary.
We venture out and share what 
Sparing moments are offered
And reflected upon to enjoy
When we meet once again.
Blowing off a meeting;
Promising "good times" that
You never intend on attending;
Loses the purpose of being
A friend
And falls into the file of being
A fraud

No comments:

Post a Comment