Sunday, January 25, 2015

It's Not The End of the World.... Or is it?

       As I have discussed in the past, being a person with bipolar disorder can be a taxing experience. Things for me tend to run a little hotter; insults can cut a little deeper and the most common events can trigger a feeling of great importance. As I sit here now, I am equal parts anxious and accepting that tomorrow could be an enormous paradigm shift in the evolution of what my life has become in three short years. A Phoenix certainly roses from its ashes; but no part in the legend says that they return unchanged. Perhaps a bit stronger; perhaps with a new weakness or perhaps with some of the old and something new. I would say the latter form best describes me as I am this day.
     Tomorrow, I will be attending an interview with a company that I would love to work for, that would establish me (once again) as a home base with no need to endure the rigors of the road and allows me to continue my wholehearted pursuit of my collegiate dreams. I can't control it; no action of mine will have meaning until I am seated and answering questions. The impact of what this could all mean resonates throughout my head, causing my soul to leap for joy and my heart to leap into my throat. This feels like my only chance.... Life has proven that it provides us chances in many ways; but in my head this is it! I'm a success or a failure - never again will this type of opportunity be laid out before me.
     So I guess I better knock it out of the park; wouldn't you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment