Sunday, October 12, 2014

What a Difference a Day Makes!

       Yesterday was pole dancing; tonight was a celebration of Spanish dance (for Spanish Day, I believe...) with a highlight on my wife (and our best friends) particular Love - ME! I mean, Flamenco! For the uninitiated, Flamenco is the traditional style of dance associated with a lot of the polka dot outfits and such we all saw growing up watching movies. If you have never had a chance, you should really go to youtube and check it out. The dnce style can be powerful, graceful, playful, somber or celbrational - all in one performance.I am admittedly not a dancer; nor a dance afficianado; but it entertains me greatly to watch my wife, friends and their classmates practice to perform this skill in a set. More than likely, there are even classes in your area where you can go to learn this dance yourself. Do yourself a favor and broaden your horizons with just one dance video - I promise you will find more....


      In addition to the Arts of the evening, we also got a chance to hang out with our best friends. It's so magical when you find a person that you can just be in the moment and vibe with - it's even better when it's three other people like I have. The wife is amazing, the woman in the couple we hang with is so carefree, daring and determined - she has helped me feel like I could pursue a diferent course than most; and the guy is just like me as I was 15 years ago - sharp, funny, artistic, searching.It's exciting to share my knowledge with them but also to learn from them as well. When we all come together; things just..... happen. No subject is too sensitive; no joke is "too far"; No pretense is needed - just a shared honesty and enjoyment of being around each other and being "safe" to be who we are at any moment. No matter what any day brings, I cannot count myself as anything but blessed with the amazing set of friends I have found; the wife I yearned decades for; and the son I waited a lifetime for. Life is not often easy; but having these people in my circle makes me know that The Lord has seen fit to bless me with riches that money cannot buy or even compare to. None of you may ever see this blog; but I thank you all for being awesome; and I love you all for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment