Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It's So Easy, Any Man Can Do It!

      In an effort to moving into the next phase of my existence, I have being doing a lot of research on many different topics. There are a number of running themes through the various topics I have chosen to look into and pursue in the future. Whether the information is positive or negative proves to be a parallel to how beneficial the information might be.

      The first thing I notice is that stories told of success arevoid of many details. To hear the story progress, it almost seems as if the destiny of the individual talking was pre determined to end in wealth and prestige. The thoughts that led to taking the path less traveled is left ot of the equation; as is some of the risks taken that paid off. I don't feel the blueprint is hidden to the rest of us; I think it's just one of those things where the things that stick out on our journey are the ones that left an emotional impact - generally the down side leaves a lasting effect.

       The negatives and lessons learned seem to spill forth; painting a vivid picture of what seemed not to work in the person's climb to the top. It is certainly important to use these lessons as a springboard to something else; but I would also benefit from their successes as well. I don't wnat to follow the same pattern; but it helps me to know how I can do it my own way. It's still mine to be courageous and taking the chance; but who wouldn't want to use a previous case study to best plot out a plan of action? I'm not looking to be rish; or to have a life without trouble - I just want to get to a place where I feel like I am comfortable in all phases of my life. I don't feel like that is impossible - but the work thing has always been a bit more obtuse for me than it is for many. I can't find the path that leads me to that knowledge I need to get myself involved and engaged properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment