Friday, October 17, 2014

Write Now....

     I have a thing for punny song titles......

     Dollface, this one might be tough for you to read; so perhaps you should not...

     Right now, I am with my Darling one over Mom's house doing relaxing. The family thing; even. It's such wonderfully boring beauty..... nothing missing. Nothing wasted. If I were to die right now; I would walk (Float? Shuffle? Waltz?) into the After Life with a huge smile on my face. I have reached that dutiful NIrvana that an only be found with the right person at the right point in life. The unventful everything that makes the most simple moment complete. It's one thing to accept death as inevitable; it's another to accept the life you have has reached the place where Death is not a fear - because you have seen the horizon. Or the Blinky Lights of Techno Strip clubbing. Or the gentle train through the Redwoods on a brisk Autumn day. 

     A look to my love makes me feel.... complete. Peaceful. Thankful. Thanksgiving is among us; and my bevy of thanks grows exponentially - Wife, friends, life events. I look forward to standing in front of my loved ones and thanking each of them for blessing me with their company and their loyalty. All too often it is lost in daily movement to just stop a minute and say thanks to those we love - just because they love us and support us so well doesn't minimize the desire to acknowledge their gifts.

      There was a time in the distant past when I wondered if anyone would attend my funeral when I died. For many years, I imagined a lonesome event where no one would notice or mourn my passing. A casket of one on a dim day under clouse with no one to identify that i had existed at all. I still can't imagine a parade of sentiment; but at long last I can imagine that I would have at least a baseball team's worth of send off. It's a lovely distinction; a sign of how far I have come - and the people I choose to associate with. Thank you all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment