Monday, November 10, 2014

A Tree!

Soil and Trouble

The orange and white dellight
Surrounds me with urge
In the middle of the nursery
She stands there glistening in dew
I grasp the blue foil firmly
And proceed to the checkout

I arrive home with my mini Maple
Setting it gently on the space
Of its soon to be terra mansion
Resting on the garnet slope
I leave her there to gather my things

I boomerang back with
My implements of design 
And destruction
Six inches by six inches
That's what the book said!
I attempt my first stab
With a modicum of success
Another pass at digging
And I have struck gold!
I place the tiny trunk
Into the created cavern
Perfect.

I let the tree go to see
How it stands alone.
My Pisa plant sinks slowly
To a stationary 45 degrees.
I stand her erect
And pul the dirt to fill
The base
Remember the hill!
I leave her to stand again
A slight lean, but home
Tied to bamboo,
I water her and go inside for the night,

With nightfall, a storm arises
Torrential downpour 
I watch my little friend 
Sink to the Earth
Weighted in drench
I will rescue her tomorrow
Place her long and tall.
To protect her
In the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment