Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Just Another Day...

     Today was supposed to be any other day: Wake up at 6:25, make the wife breakfast, settle in to do some work, follow it with some schoolwork, cook the wife dinner and go to bed at 9. As I am sure you can gather from the framing of my opening sentence, that is not what occured. That is why life can never be reproduced into a simulation! Variables are what make life...... life.

     I didn't awaken until 7:15 (after a fitful night of rest)- just in time to kiss the wife goodbye and settle in for a day of work projects and scholastic endeavors. Only one planned action into my day and I was already 0 for 1. When I logged into my work email at 8:30, I was greeted with a message, yesterday my boss requested me to attend a 1 on 1 session today at 10:30. Zoiks! Didn't see that email yesterday! I emailed a confirmation and whipped into getting ready mode, knowing that I had an hour drive ahead of me. Actions two and three now fell off the "will do" list, as I had somewhere else to be! Now as I was getting ready, I noticed that the wife had left her wallet on the table. Ruh roh! The wife is driving around on a quarter tank of gas, with no ID or payment options! No Bueno! I contact her to let her know to drive sane, and to try and get home to get her wallet before hitting the road to travel to meetings. Chivalry is NOT dead! I would have taken it to her myself, if not for my meeting! So, as I have alluded to on my blog before, my company is in the process of trimming positions, and at some point my job will be gone as well (probably by December). With that in mind, I drove to my office with a heart ready for the "final countdown" and an iron will ready to speak my mind. Upon my arrival, my boss is ringing my phone to ask if I had hit the road yet (I was half an hour early). It was an odd call. I go in side and he tells me to hang out for a few; which made my suspicions creep up even more - this was going to be it. Future endeavored. All during our meeting I was very blunt with him about what was going on and my capacity to execute while still employed; and I believe that provided me a stay of execution for the time being (for better or worse). I would like to find another job soon, and leave before I am asked not to come back, but.....  So, as I am leaving the boss' office, I ring the wife and she proceeds to ask me to meet her (after her work meeting) to get her gas; she hadn't made it home in time prior and was not gasfully endowed. Of course I went, but now all day of actions was out the window! Another one bites the dust. I killed an hour during her meeting, taking the free time to head over to the Applebee's and query the bartender there about how I might be able to get a job in the bartending industry (one of many options). Meeting up with the wife after, my love came strolling out with a mutual friend of ours; a little yellowjacket of a woman who had very clearly had her hive stirred this day. We consoled her for a few, and then off to lunch we went! We talked all about our days and vented about the absurdity of the situations we have surrounding us; with the wife reassuring me it was going to be okay for the two of us. I knew it was true because...... she had said so. All I needed to hear. We finish with lunch and get gas for her to get home; at that point she decides it's a good day to take an early exit and is going to come home with me. Score! We arrive at the homestead early enough that I suggest a bike ride; and she is on it! We get changed, take a quick cool ride, and return home tired (and in her case with a slight headache). We heated up some leftovers and, as of 8:30, are both in bed ready for sleep. Unless you counting heating leftovers, I was 0 for expectations. Life, amIright? I made sure to fullfill my poem a day challenge (See below), and at least GLANCE at my schoolwork. A day full of nothing special becomes an even busier day of nothing too special. I'm not unique - we all have lives that can become varied in the blink of an eye; but isn't it fun to reflect on sometimes?

The fleeting glance of a crush
The delicate touch of a lover
The honored bond of man and pet
The sincere devotion of a mother
The childish eyes of innocence
The tortured passion of alone
The smothering cynicism of truth
The harrowed echo of doubt
The scalding acid of greed
The contemptable regret of envy
In this world,
These things have found 
Themselves to be omnipresent;
Reimagined by humans
Throughout time 

No comments:

Post a Comment