Wednesday, November 5, 2014

I May Not Be Perfect..... Wait, I'm Not.

      So, my blog comes early today. I'm having a good day overall; but it is one of those days that, over time, seem to become defining moments in hindsight. A lot of different things are juxtaposed today; and I want to write (type?) them out for further understanding and though. There may not be a dfinite answer at this end of this post; but the payoff is in the emoting.

     I finished my last duty for my last assignment of my current job; and i am scheduled to talk to my boss today. He told me a few months ago that I would be laid off; but no other opportunities have arisen as of yet. I don't know if he may eke out one more assignment for me; or if today is the day I join the ranks of the unemployed. Since I am getting laid off; I will try to get unemployment; but nothing is a sure thing - especially here in the Sunshine State. I would like to get some part time work somewhere; but nothing has come to pass thus far.

     On the plus side; I spoke to my co-collaborator today about a future book idea. It seems we both have a similar artistic vision for what the outcome can be; and it was so invigorating to discuss the avenues available for this project! My favorite authoer Hugh Prather has a quote - "When you get halfway there; you stop disbelieving in there." We aren't halfway yet; but the planning stage makes it seem like something just over the horizon. It is wonderful to have a wonderful wife to support me in my endeavor; in my growth. I really can't overstate how much she inspires me.

     Speaking of her inspiration; I started school yesterday..... what's old is new again. I began my 4 year journey towards scholastic evolution - the bachleors degree! Another quote from Hugh - "There is another way to go through life besides kicking and screaming." I have boxed shadows long enough; it's officially time to buy in. I have gotten as far as my charm and wit will take me; it's now time for some "book learnin'" and a new, innocent climb. It feels good to not only have an amazing wife supporting me; but I have heard great things from my mom and my best friend as well. No matter how much we consider ourseles a "loner", no one can deny how good it feels to have people you respect giving you their support and appreciation. In the dark times, I know I have people who I can lean on until I can walk again. My wife is not only an inspiration; but also a best friend. John, you can put the poms-poms in storage.....lol.

     Even more awesomeness is the fact I am going to see my favorite band ever in concert this evening! Gwar in their new incarnation rocks San Francisco! In this time of transition and overcoming obstacles; this is another great moment for me; as the band is overcoming and evolving as well. I am so excited to be going to the show with my wife and our close friends. Gwar concert = awesome. Gwar + Best Friends? EPIC. I have my white shirt and trashy shoes ready for the show!

      Ultimately, I have no final conclusion. If my job ends, it has been a hell of a run. If my book comes to fruition, I will be proud of the accomplishment - the success will be secondary. I will obtain my degree in the next few years. To the wife - "I'm gonna keep on loving you..... Cuz it's the only I wanna doooooo!!" Gwar is going to rock ALL the asses tonight! I may not be living "the dream" I spoke of at 20; but I am living.... and that is all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment