Sunday, November 9, 2014

This Could Become a Habit

      It has been another awe inspiring weekend with the wife and friends! Nothing too phenominal, just a lot of great little moments that made a patchwork of fantastic! Key among today was - three weeks, three bike rides. The wife and I are dedicated to getting in better shape and finding another fine way to explore the City! The holidays are fast approaching; and better to get the metabolism in gear to handle the fifth glass of egg nog on Christmas! I foresee a number of great moments to come this holiday season - filled with family, fun, football and feeling! In addition to the normal cast of characters, Thanksgiving will include my sis and Christmas will add my mom and the boy!! The mind dances at the possibilities of memories to be made.

      Today it occured to me, as I was waiting for the wife to finish some business, that I was missing not having my phone to peruse during my wait. It dawned on me how addicted I have become to have things to entertain me in my "down moments". Not just technology - magazines, school work, video games, TV, eating - anything to avoid just doing....... nothing. WIth so many portable options to keep us engaged in doing SOMETHING; to keep us from just having to be. I have a feeling this is a large piece in the development of the hyper-stressed society we live in currently. When it gets to the point where not doing anything causes us a sense of stress, thinking of all the things we could be doing. It saddens me to think I have lost the ability to sit down and just be in my own mind; exploring and growing myself from within from my own experiences.There is certainly a marker where doing nothing constructively can surpass into laziness, but when the opportunity arises, it would be nice to be able to utilize the moments of stillness to just be content. I have some growth ahead of me..... through regression.

       Another week to succeed lies ahead. Time to get ready to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment